Monday, March 30, 2009

We Did It...............

Well took Devon out for our first outing yesterday to our local Closed Dressage Day. Now I haven't been out and competed for over 2 years and am wrapped to say Devon looked after me very well. He didn't put a foot wrong so has boosted by confidence 10 fold!!!!!


So did two training classes and was really happy with our results. We came 4th in both tests out of 5 and 6 in the classes and got the same percentage in both classes 56%, unheard of really. He did think that the arena was a jump a couple of times so was definitely not bothered by the arenas.


Yesterday was more for me to see if I was going to be able to handle competing again and I am stoked to say I think I can.

We have to work on more impulsion mainly. The comments at the bottom of the test sheets were very encouraging which is always nice so onwards and upwards from here:) Hielke is here for the next few days so will have a couple of lessons with her and get us on the right track.

No comments: